Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recycled Advent Calendar



I really wanted to create a handmade advent calendar this year, so I started Googling advent calendar ideas. I found a wonderful tutorial for a recycled advent calendar here at Craftastica. Ellie and I made this out of paper bags and catalogs that were in our recycle bin. (I also used some packing tape to reinforce it.) It was a two-day process, which was hard on a four-year-old, but we were both so excited about the result. Every day we move the purple paper clip along to the next number, and the girls get a little treat.


When I found this design, it dawned on me that anytime I want to find a project online, I should put the word "recycled" in the search. Recycled art projects are so fun because you can usually find what you need around the house--no running out to the craft store. And, it's eco-friendly. So...you'll be seeing another recycled project in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment