Monday, March 7, 2011

Inspiraton


Here are some things that I do when I'm looking for inspiraton or if I am hankering for a new project, sewing or otherwise...

*I go to Make & Mingle, a local sewing shop in Fairfield. They have so many great fabrics, supplies, project ideas, and more. Looking around this beautiful shop always gets me inspired. You can find them here. (The little vintage bundle above came from Make & Mingle.)

*I go to Joann Fabrics or A.C. Moore and wander around. I don't necessarily buy anything.

*I go thrift shopping.

*I look at my own stash of fabrics and paper and all kinds of scraps.

*I get sewing and craft books out of the library or look at ones that I own.

*I look at back issues of magazines like DIY that I have saved.

*I look at my favorite sites, like Sew, Mama, Sew and The Purl Bee. (Links are on the right side of this blog.)

*I go for a nice, long walk.

What do you do for inspiration? I'd love to hear your ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment