Monday, March 8, 2010

Denyse Schmidt Workshop


Early in February, I had the opportunity to take Sewing 101 at Denyse Schmidt's workshop here in Bridgeport. (You can find her web site here.) I had heard of Denyse before, but then I saw an article about her in ReadyMade magazine. She's amazing! I got motivated and signed up for the class. It was a great day at her cool studio in the old American Fabrics factory, and our teacher Richard Killeany was fantastic. We learned sewing machine basics and several different machine stitches. And, we each made a patchwork pillow cover. It was so fun to get away for the day (or a small chunk of it). I've known how to sew for years, but I wanted to make sure I was doing everything correctly, and I wanted to learn more. And, I want to get really good at it.

1 comment: