Friday, March 12, 2010

Pin Cushion and Button Jar


I made this little pin cushion today. I found the lovely tutorial at http://paperstringcloth.blogspot.com/2007/07/pincushion-tutorial.html . The tutorial was written by a very creative woman from South Australia. I'm very happy with the result, but I must admit that I had a hard time sewing on that button. I stabbed myself quite a few times. This project is another great way to use up scraps and odd buttons.




My button jar--one of my mom's jars from her homemade jam. It still has her handwriting on it. Makes me both happy and sad. We have one last jar of mom's jam--peach--in the fridge. I will savor every bite (and will try to make it last). I guess it's up to me (and my sister) to carry on the jam tradition. Oh my, I might have to wait until the girls get a little bigger to attempt such a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment