Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Back

Hello,
Sorry I've been gone so long. Hope you haven't given up on me. I haven't written for a number of reasons--but mainly because I'm working again. I'm writing part of another book for Disney, and I'm doing some grantwriting for our local community college and its art museum. So...for a while I was getting up early to work and squeezing in work whenever I could. Now, we have a wonderful new babysitter who comes twice a week, and I'm regaining my sanity. I haven't been able to do any creative projects, and I've definitely cut back on my thrift shopping.

I did have one little find recently, though--these cute Pyrex bowls with glass lids and Amish designs.

And...yesterday I got a wonderful box of vintage sewing goodies from a fellow Freecycler! (Makes me want to sew so bad. Makes me want to walk around the fabric stores for hours and look at patterns, notions, fabric, etc.) Here are some highlights:
Pretty floral trim...
Vintage Simplicty dress pattern from 1969...I love A-line dresses.

Vintage Simplicity sewing book from 1962...


Vintage Fruit of the Loom rickrack...

Hopefully, I won't be gone for so long next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment