Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cloth Gift Bags



The other day--the day before the blizzard--I found a wonderful, simple tutorial to make those cloth gift bags that I've wanted to make for so long. You can find it here on Amanda Blake Soule's site, SouleMama. Amanda is an amazing creator, mother, and author.





I had it stuck in my mind that I had to use Christmas fabric to make these, but I gave up that idea and used whatever I had in my stash. They were so easy to make that I made seven of them in one day. Yes, seven. (I got up early that morning, listened to Morning Edition, and sewed while the snow flew and Brendon and the girls slept. It was so nice and peaceful.) What I love about these bags is that the ribbon is already attached to each one. Makes life so easy.




Hopefully, I will get another burst of motivation and make more. I'm hoping for a "paperless" Christmas this year. Here's a picture of our slider in the back of our apartment on the day of the blizzard...


No comments:

Post a Comment