Saturday, January 8, 2011

Holiday Stuff & Cardboard Star


Happy New Year everyone! I just want to wish everyone who reads this many blessings in the new year. I wish you health, happiness, peace, safety, and prosperity in 2011. I wish you the best of the best.


First, I'll share some holiday stuff. My sister gave out these squirrel ornament kits from Target as party favors for her daughter Natalie's birthday. Ellie and Robin really had fun making them, and they are so cute.




Next, here's a photo of our Christmas tree.



This star is another project that was inspired by Elise Blaha's recycled cardboard wreath. (See my posting titled Cardboard Wreath from December 2010.) I was also inspired by mid-century modern clocks.


I cut out various size triangles from a cardboard box, and I used a few inexpensive pieces of scrapbook-type paper and cardstock. I used the hot glue gun to attach the triangles to an embroidery hoop. The hoop worked well as a form, and it also made the star easy to hang.





Finally, here's a cool picture of the snowy street in front of our apartment that my husband took this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment