Friday, April 23, 2010

Progress and Kites

The other day we decided to go kite flying. Ellie saw "Miffy" flying a kite, and she really wanted to do it. So, I went out to find us some kites. I ended up getting two inexpensive, resusable kites at Walgreen's. They both worked really well.





I remember trying to make my own kite as a kid--from dowels and Wonder Bread bags. The kite was pretty, but wouldn't fly. I recall dragging it down our street in Northvale trying to get it up in the air. I'm sure there was no wind at all that day!




We went down to Seaside Park and there was a wonderful, strong breeze blowing off the water. Sorry my pics are so bad--I was simultaneously flying a kite, keeping an eye on Robin, and taking pictures.


It was just such a sweet, simple activity and so much fun. We want to do it again soon. We also want to try to make our own kites.



And, I made a little progress on my cloth napkins. I have five done now. I'm actually going to try to make another one tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment