Thursday, June 17, 2010

First Summer Dinner

Yesterday, I went to my favorite farm store at Sherwood Farm in Easton. (I have my friend Heather L. to thank for telling me about it!) I am so happy that the farm store is open for the season. I checked to see if it was open back April and May, but it was a bit too early. I finally made it back there yesterday, and I was so excited! I bought broccoli, bok choy, salad mix, baby squash, and strawberries--the tiny, sweet kind.

Everytime I go to the farm store, I get inspired to cook. So...Brendon and I cooked this fabulous meal together tonight. I didn't think about taking photos until we were mostly done eating.

Broccoli ricotta pizza...so good...sauteed the broccoli with garlic before putting it on the pizza.


Bok choy...sauteed with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then drizzled with ginger soy sauce and Trader Joe's "Soyaki." Um.


These are yellow and green zucchini-type squash, except they weren't long and thin, they were small and round, like little balls. So cute! So perfect just tossed in a little Italian dressing and grilled in the grill pan on the stove. (We can't really have a barbecue grill where we live...well we could, but the whole cooking process would be difficult.)


Last, but not least, we roasted some fingerling potatoes in the oven with olive oil, salt, and pepper. The potatoes didn't come from the farm, but they were delish nonetheless.


I am so grateful for all the wonderful food we get to eat. We are so lucky. I am especially grateful for fresh veggies grown just a few miles away and for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment