Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Good and the Bad

On Monday, I got into a car accident. I've never been in a bad accident before. The girls were in the car with me, which made it even more frightening. I was hit from behind on I-95 and subsequently crashed into the pick-up truck that was in front of me. I was hit by a work van, and when I saw him coming, there was nothing I could do. I just covered my eyes. The driver felt terrible and was very apologetic. I just thank God that none of us, especially the girls, were hurt. My car has front and back-end damage. Hopefully we'll find out today whether it can be repaired or not. I am counting my blessings that we are all safe.




Here is something that cheered me up on that awful Monday. I was given a gift on Freecycle of a box of vintage fabrics and sewing patterns. The woman who gave it to me couldn't understand why I was so excited. She said, "it's just fabric scraps." But to me, it was a treasure box. Here are some of the highlights:

Vintage fabrics...some groovy...


Some floral...


And some patriotic...



Vintage patterns and a vintage sewing book...









A very nice gift indeed. I am grateful for the little things, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment