Monday, July 12, 2010

Robin's Birthday Party

Just a quick note before I feature Robin's birthday party--my car was totaled. So...we'll be car shopping this week.

Robin's party was a bit early this year because I wanted to have it before my sister has her baby next week. I tried to do a Maisy theme. I can't bear to go out and buy any party stuff--I feel like it's so wasteful--so I just made a few things. I made this birthday banner when Ellie turned one, and we've used it for every kid birthday party ever since--just change the name each time. I cut out the letters from Origami paper.



A few Maisy coloring pages...(guilty pleasure, I still love to color)



Maisy goodie bags...filled with granola bars, cereal bars, fruit leather, and organic lollipops from Traders Joe's. I love consumable party favors.



Vegan vanilla cupcakes (My Favorite Cupcakes from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet cookbook) with Maisy cupcake flags.



Lemon thyme zucchini flatbread--a Weight Watchers recipe--with zucchini from the farm store.



Tomato, basil, mozzarella salad with tomatoes and basil from the farm store. I wanted to get the mozzarella from the farm store, too, but the cheese lady was late that day and there was no cheese to be had.



I made Maisy invitations, too, but I don't have a photo for you. And...we got a new camera today! Hooray! It's a Nikon Coolpix. I hope I'll have better photos in my future posts. Ellie dropped our Canon Powershot on the floor a while back, and it no longer worked after that. I've been using an old camera ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment